General

General

Categories

1. I believe it would greatly reduce confusion if there was an in-website notification system to alert a user if they violated the rules or otherwise needed to be contacted by moderators. Having no feedback on reviews removed for rule violation forces one to infer the offense; the effort to curb content in violation of the rules would be more effective if one was told directly what they did wrong. As it is, the system rather resembles YouTube's copyright notifications before Google added information detailing which timestamps of the contentious video violated copyright law. As it is, violators on LB are…

76 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Manually adding each film in a list can be exhausting (especially if there are more than 500 movies in it) and there should be an option to click one button to add all movies in that list to your watchlist.

75 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Given two (or more?) letterboxd lists, the script compare the titles and finds the ones that are present in both of them.
    All kind of lists: user films, watchlists, directors fimogarphies.
    It would be amazing to filter out unwanted movies from some big and confusional lists, and get into a very very specific mood!

Examples:
    Compare "Anxiety-Inducing Cinema" list with "romantic movies that don’t suck" list to find out some weird stuff.

Or "for when you don‘t have too much time but you still want to enjoy a good movie" list with the "seen titles" list from my fave pal,…

75 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Now that IMDb is shutting down their message boards, it's all the more reason to have something like it on Letterboxd. I think it is much more practical to discuss movies in such formats than it is to do so in and on reviews. It is also a great opportunity for the site to grow.

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I suggest that free users are able to change their username only once while those with Pro or Patron can change their username as many times as they like.

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There’s a new chilean miniserie that premiered today on Amazon Prime Video. It’s called “La Jauría”, please add it soon as possible on the app, here’s the link of the show in tmdb: https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/104819-la-jauria

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. It would be nice if you could delete/edit activity history. :)

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Why is Big Little Lies still on Letterboxd? It was originally intended to be a mini-series but it no longer is.

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Delete an entire tag as you would a list. Some tags I have are out dated, or I thought of a better name for the tag, or I simply no longer want to see it with my tags. I know we can delete the tag from the review, but can we delete the tag itself?

72 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The current criterion poster is neither the theatrical poster nor the most iconic. I would suggest you change it back to the theatrical poster (https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/7aVQFvGkLnpA71mYoDkVkzSzBZM.jpg)

72 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. It would be great to have the ability to create Smart Lists.
    Preferably running on multiple criteria.
    Tags, When watched, rewatched etc;
    If you could also then use the data imported from tmdb as well you could really start opening up powerful lists.

It would also be nice if there was the option to have a list generated on the users content or against the movie database.
    I'd love to be able to generate a list, automatically, of all the films starring Harvey Keitel so I could see how many I've seen and work my way through.

71 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. It'd be really helpful to be able to 'Hide' documentaries, music and stand-up comedy shows (i.e. ultimately, allowing users to show either only shorts, documentaries, full length films, etc. or combinations of any of the above)

70 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I'm happy to see there's a shuffle option on my watchlist but I would use it a lot more on other people's lists.

There are a lot of great lists out there for people to randomly pick a movie from - at the moment, you have to generate a random number on an external site (let's say film number 456 out of 5,000) to decide what to watch.

There's also lists like "Currently on MUBI UK" or "Movies on Amazon Prime" etc., I'd use it for those types of lists as well. Thanks!

69 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 69 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Wouldn't it be nice if we had an feature where all of the other users could interact with each other? Since we have the blocking feature I believe that we should also have an system that benefits from that.
    With private messages, instead of filling the comment section and notify every user who has participated/ commented in that review, users could message each other.

63 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Do we really need the Popular Users page? it just turns the site into a popularity contest.

61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I'd quite like to import my reviews onto my blog, with a link to letterboxd. However, it seems that my RSS feed also contains other activity such as adding items to lists.

If there was a neat way to get a link to more specific RSS feed that didn't have a confusing UX that'd be really helpful.

For example Flickr has a link on each page to subscribe to update for that page. My photostream's RSS link is for all my photos, but the RSS link on the page for a particular album only contains updates to that album.

It…

61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Not exactly sure how this might work, but somehow make it possible for me to embed my lists on a blog or Facebook or some other web site (complete with images).

Each title could link back to Letterboxd.com.

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I don't know if it's just me, but I wish I could just filter any diary page to show only first time watches, or only rewatches, the same way we do with ratings.

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. This would allow us to search, filter, and otherwise analyze our data easily. We may also wish to create graphs and lists with this info; while it would be nice if Letterboxd also did that, it would be easier and more flexible if we could get at the raw data. See Goodreads for a decent example of rich tables of user data.

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve completed the first stage of this, by changing the default diary view to a sortable table view. We’d love follow-up feedback on how useful this is, and if/how you’d like to see this view used elsewhere in the site.

• Don't see your idea?