General

General

Categories

1. I love the website and app and I pay for a membership to support it. There are so many highly upvoted suggestions that have been treated with radio silence for years. They're often discussed on the Letterboxd subreddit too. The Letterboxd News blog is more of a film blog which can be fun, but it would be great to get some insight about the platform itself and what's in the pipeline.

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be very benefitial to find your instagram friends as well. (Along with facebook & twitter).

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Links to letterboxd pages open in a browser, with no option to force it to open in app. It defeats the purpose of sharing reviews or movie pages when you can't open it in the app where you're already signed in.

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Android app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. What about having a "I own this movie as DVD or BD"-button? I would like to create a list of my giant movie-collection and letterboxd could be the perfect plattform for this project.

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve changed our mind on this…

Paid members can now tag a list with “own” or “owned” and we add filters for “Show films I own” and “Hide films I own” alongside our other filters. More to come on this, to make it even more flexible.

5. For example, if I perform a search for "underrated", then filter by Lists, I would like to be able to order the results to have (say) the most popular results come at the top. This would be a very useful function.

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. How about a filter for Amazon Prime members? I see you already have Amazon and Amazon Instant. Adding Prime would be amazing.

Thanks.

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I am sure you have had this asked for plenty but here goes!

As I have been adding movies to my watch list, I realise as the list grows I am less and less likely to watch the ones that I added earliest, as I would have to scroll all the way down.

My simple idea is to have a button that will cycle through your watch list and pick a random movie - for when I am looking for a movie to watch!

Could also possibly do the same for the site as a whole and it’s entire database…

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I would love to be able to create ranked lists of my favorite actors, directors, writers etc.

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iOS app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. It would be really fantastic to be able to take private notes on a film that attach to each movie and per viewing. I would love to be able to take private notes like

"Saw this at the AMC in Scottsdale with Jonny. Had to much to drink and got kicked out halfway through".

"Since wasn't able to see the whole thing last time, saw the movie again. This time didn't drink and didn't see it with Jonny. Really enjoyed it, felt good to finally see it".

"Saw this movie at home on Netflix with Christie for the first time…

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Love the site, but not a big fan of the white text on black background. Getting crazy eyes after reading for some minutes.
    Would love an option to change the colors of the site to for example black text on white background.
    Cheers!

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I think it be great if you guys made it possible to save drafts of reviews. I find myself starting a review but not having time to finish it or wanting more time with it and then saving it to my computer else where. It be a lot easier if you could just save a draft on letterboxd and then come back later and finish the review.

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add the HTML <s> tag to the allowed tag list for review and comment content, or at least just reviews as they can be edited later to strike text.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. It would be nice if we can sort the movies included in a list also by director's name.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. For a website that promotes such robust movie discuss it's amazing how diffract it makes it to carry on conversations in the comments section.

Why is there no threaded replies with tagged user handles?

As it stands now I can write a comment under a user review, and they could write back in response, and I could never know that happened without going back to check myself. This is like YouTube was setup 10 years ago when comment interaction was an unorganized mess. They've long since revamped it and the same needs to be done on Letterboxd.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I absolutely adore the Shuffle view in the watchlist for choosing a film when a non-specific mood strikes me. However, it would be even better if it was available on mobile (specifically the iOS app, but I don't want to leave Android users in the cold) for access to that feature when not at home, or not at my desk.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I don't think you should be deleted user's comments when they delete/deactivate their account. When the comments are deleted/removed it makes all the comment threads illegible and all messed up because people are responding to a comment that no longer exists.

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. While it is already commendable that a search for the original movie title will show the correct movie, this can be expanded upon: Integrate all the various titles of movies in the different languages or countries.
    I personally have no problem using this english website, but for many movies, regardless of if I watched them on TV or in cinemas, I only know the title in my natural tongue. And often enough this translated title is not directly connected or even translated from the original title. I surmise this to be the case in other languages, too.
    To prevent the…

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Would love the option of pinning my work to my profile, so those visiting my page can see the reviews I'm most proud of. My most-liked reviews tend to be one or two sentence blurbs, but I'd prefer to display my longform stuff for potential followers. Might work like the pinned tweets function on Twitter.

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I am trying to make my film-watching as robust as possible. the more statistics i can see, the better. I set personal annual goals of number to watch, amount of special collections, foreign languages, etc. if I could see these on a rolling basis I'd have an idea of how far I'm leaning in any one direction (ie oh shit I've watched 70% comedies this year). Ideas include adding:

-breakdown of languages watched
    -breakdown of award-winning or special collection (ie criterion) films watched
    -infographic of nations watched (ie a map showing the globe and 4 films made in Israel, 16…

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Too many people now like hundreds of reviews a day, never reading them, which ruins activity feeds. The aim seems to be to get as high as possible on the 'popular posters' page.

There should be more value given to likes received rather than those given as it encourages interaction and content.

Maybe the current set-up benefits the SEO of Letterboxd right now because you are getting more clicks etc with this system, I'm not sure. It's just a shame that you have to keep unfollowing people who clog up your activity feed with page after page of likes.

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Liking other members’ reviews does not increase one’s popularity on the site, as likes given are not considered in those calculations.

Pro members are also able to filter out likes from their activity feed, if these are a problem.

• Don't see your idea?