General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Disable likes/comments on certain diary entries

Would it be possible to add a feature that allows users the opportunity to disable likes/comments on certain reviews?

Not every diary entry needs these features.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Organization of Watchlist

i think the watchlists can be less cluttered and more organized if we could categorize our watchlist. perhaps by genre or simply make our own categories. i know we already have lists but i feel keeping all watchlist categories in once place and lists in another would be a nice way to organize films

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. add release dates to (new) films

maybe it would be possible to show the release date depending on the very country you live in (maybe add location settings to the profile?)

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug? Reviews not displayed in diary

My 4 most recently viewed films are not displaying the "review" icon next to them in Diary mode. I think the problem is that the film is being logged twice: once when I said I viewed it on this date, and then again when I add my review. Perhaps only the first instance (without the review) is being shown in the diary?

It would be good if the review link showed up in the diary regardless of when it was logged. It's the only clear indicator we have of films we have or have yet to review.

In fact, it…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can add a review to a log entry after the fact. If you go back to an existing log entry, you’ll see an option to Edit it/Add a review. This is the preferred method for sure.

To fix your diary, you could copy your reviews onto the original log entries and then delete the duplicate entries.

In future we might ask you if you wish to add a review to an existing diary entry at the time you submit it, I guess this would help?

5. combine data on app with website

Hi there,
    It seems like the app and the website, whenever I rate films do not sync up. Right now I have different films rated on the website and those ratings are not in the app. And also the other way around.
    Really hope this can be fixed!

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Respond to my feedback before my Pro membership expires

Two and a half months ago I submitted feedback that has since accrued 45 votes of support, but I have not heard anything in response. Meanwhile, my Pro membership expires in nine days. None of the perks that come with that membership have been of any real value to me; I purchased it merely as way to donate a gratuity to the website. Without any response to my feedback, however, I do not wish to renew my membership. I've been pretty startled by the lack of response, frankly.

If you need a link: http://feedback.letterboxd.com/forums/136771-general/suggestions/31000195-add-the-new-twin-peaks-2017-as-a-limited-series

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 9 (2009)

The film 9 (2009) appears three times.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Is there a fault on LB at present?

I'm adding films I've watched today and the reviews appear on the activity stream but not on my profile or in my diary which seems to have froze on yesetrday's activity

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a "frequently tagged with" section to the cast/crew/details/genre tabs

Although it's possible to see all films applied with a particular tag, it'd be really useful to see it the other way around, so you could see which tags are applied the most.

The most obvious place to put this is as an extra tab in the cast and crew section, on film pages.

If you could add tags in this section without necessarily having to make a review, that'd also boost the number of people applying tags generally, creating more data

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow us to find others with similar taste

Similar to RateYourMusic's "compatibility list" for finding other like-minded members to follow (I believe Last.fm has something like this as well).

A section could be added to the app or website that lists our most "compatible" Letterboxd users.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android app  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Duplicate production company

There are two production companies both titled Warner Bros. on Letterboxd. The first is here (https://letterboxd.com/studio/warner-bros-pictures-1/) and the second is here (https://letterboxd.com/studio/warner-bros-2/). Can you please merge them together?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. implement filtering on (personal) lists

The existing tags should help a lot. In personal and perhaps sometimes elaborated list it can be useful to filter, westerns action movies, all clint eastwood related stuff etc... The available standard tags should go a long way all ready....

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add additional commenting functionality

1. You have the list of what HTML is supported when you're adding comments...why not make clicking on one of them insert the necessary HTML element into your post so users need not write it themselves?

2. Add ability preview and edit comments for up to 10 minutes after posting.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. give notification when someone likes your review

it's really annoying to have to go through all your reviews to see new likes, i want to be able to have a notification (preferably through email) of when someone likes my review.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 'Service Unavailable' message

I find that when searching for certain specific terms, such as genres ('thriller', 'comedy') or names of months ('august', 'june') I often get a message saying "The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

This happens even when the search term corresponds with the title of a movie. Is this a bug?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Remove duplicates and change bad posters

Hi. I report duplicate entries and bad posters almost as a daily basis, suggesting in this last case good posters, without credits in most of the cases, which at least are well formed and fit the frame. I use the flag to do it, but is a worthless task, nothing is solved. I know you guys are very busy, but I think that removing duplicates and get the best poster possible are very important tasks to be accomplished in terms of this site's quality.
    My current list of reported movies: https://letterboxd.com/watsodeleche/list/reported-1/

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. show followers ratings

When you are on a film page, you can see "Your friends who have watched [title of movie]". That opens the list of friends with a few columns including the heart. I would love to see their ratings here, as well as a link to their review of this film if they have one. Here is why it is important to have this information here.

The natural flow is to see that someone reviewed or rated a film you haven't seen. You may read their review, and then take a look at the film page. Now you are interested in…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. personalize the rating system

I don't know if this fits the philosophy of letterboxd's rating system, but I think there will be an average overall still:

How about adding a feature to everybody's profile page (maybe with none or default settings if the user chooses to not change it) that enables you to personalize how you value the star rating with individual, editable expressions.
    I think that some users rate movies more severely or more mildly than others. The personalized rating description would make it more easy and fun to classify a certain user's rating.

Let me be clear that this would be a…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. be able to search for a movie in someone's reviews

i think it would be great if you could search on someone's profile to see if that specific user has reviewed, logged or rated a specific movie. like if someone's into a specific subgenre and you want to see if they've seen a certain movie

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Website  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)